Tuesday, August 24, 2010

beginning scheduling.

So we finally heard back from our hospital and our Speech and Occupational Therapy is now scheduled! I could not be more thrilled about this! FINALLY! I feel like I made into the cool group or something of that caliber to finally have a set schedule of Maddy's non home based therapies.

There was a lot of scheduling to be done in order to fit Maddy's therapies back to back and to fit Maelle in there once a week for speech as well...and at the same time so we are only there for an hour...yes, 3 hours of driving for an hour of therapy....crazy right? But we're doing it. That's all there is to it.

Monday - Maddy will be doing her own ST and OT on Monday mornings and after thinking about it, Justin decided to take a half day on Monday and take Maddy to therapy on Monday mornings. I am willing to do it myself...even if it does mean leaving at 7 am....but I was very upset about having to give up my Mommy Bible study on Mondays. I know...in the grand scheme of everything, it may seem minor...having to stop going to bible study. Yet, I was heartbroken about it. I love those ladies and I love having that time to focus on ME and my relationship with my creator. And I can't be the sole therapy lady...it seems fair that one of us goes once a week and I'm not going twice a week all the time. It also means that most likely Maddy will nap on the way home and I can do her EIBI therapy in the afternoon while Maelle naps. Eva....I'm thinking about maybe she could take that time to spend with her great grandma, but I will need to check with her for that. I'm sure when Maelle gives up her naps in the afternoon, this will change...but for now that seems to work.

Tuesday/Thursday - Maddy will have her EIBI therapy from 9 to 11. I will need either a therapist or childcare those days...

Wednesday - We have Early intervention at our house at 10:30 so it looks like maybe we'll just have an hour of EIBI in the morning before Lori comes and possibly doing something in the afternoon after nap time...I'm not sure yet on Wednesdays. Possibly doing a 2 hour block after 3pm??? I would need a therapist or childcare from 3-5 then.

Friday - Both girls have speech and Maddy has OT - we will be gone roughly 9:30 to 1:30....the girls will nap in the car those days, I would imagine. So I would need a therapist/childcare from 2 to 4. And possibly someone to take Eva those mornings...she can come with, but you can imagine how boring of a trip that would be weekly for her!

The weekends, we will handle on our own....unless there are some of you who want to help and can only do her therapy on a weekend...we'll take ya then. I know for many the weekend is family time so I understand.

So email me....facebook me...comment...let me know if you can help or if there is another time that you can help or what not. I know alot of you have offered to help me...here is the childcare/therapy section of our support group. I will put up a weekly calendar once I have things more concrete. The EIBI part will obviously not start until after the workshop on the 13th. BUT the ST/OT part of therapy starts this Friday... The Monday speech will not start until Sept. 20.

To clarify...I need potential childcare for Eva on Fridays now until mid-September when everything else starts up too. Also, I need childcare for Monday Sept. 13. - ALL DAY for the workshop.

Also if you want to do childcare but can't commit to EVERY Thursday...we could potentially do a rotating schedule where you would only do it every other Thursday or something of that nature...if we get to that point, I'll probably ask one of you to schedule that for me as I have a billion things on my plate...anyone LOVE to schedule? lol. I need you. Whoever you are.

Okay....so that's that. I don't think I made any sense.

On a good note, we were in "the city" (as I don't want to specify where...this is the Internet after all) today at Target . Maddy was sitting in her double stroller with Maelle when suddenly I saw her start to gesture with her hands and then say "roun n roun....roun n roun" - totally singing "the wheels on the bus" - something that I have been singing to her all week after supper. She did the entire hand motions with me and Eva!!! On her own! I can't tell you how awesome it is to hear your child sing a song for the first time. While all she sang was 'roun n roun' - it was great.

So great to see her so connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment