Friday, December 3, 2010

'twas the year 2010.

So we arrived here. At a time that I have semi dreaded for quite awhile.

Christmas Letter time.

Usually I love to sit down and write the Christmas letter. It's fun for me to reminisce on the past year and everything that has happened. Usually, I find myself trying to edit down all the fun things I have to share with family and friends. I don't like to make it longer than a page. I think a page of boasting is enough. More than enough.

But this year....

While we have had some great results in the last few weeks, it doesn't totally overshadow all that has happened in the last year. And there isn't really a way to candy coat having a child diagnosed with Autism.

And I can't really write this:

Greetings! I hope you all have had a wonderful year....because ours sucked.

nor can I write this:

So our youngest twin was diagnosed with Autism in July BUT she's doing so awesome right now that it's really no big deal.

nor would it be right to not mention it at all.

Our past year has been boring. Nothing new to report. The kids are a year older. The end.

nor can I make the entire letter some sap story.

Poor us...boohoohoo.

So here I am. I could totally skip the whole Christmas letter ordeal but then really that would be the same as not mentioning it. I'm sure I'll come up with something. I always do. But it makes it all that much harder. Not that most people don't already know our story...but still.

It seems kinda silly to be so anxious about something as trivial as a Christmas letter, but that's just it, it is the little things that pile up to make everything overwhelming.

In some odd way, thankfully, our Christmas cards are in the middle of some shipping nightmare and after 2 weeks, are still not here. So at least I'm able to put off having to write this thing. Too bad that I know I have to do it.

I'll do my best to be jolly. We do have alot to be thankful for. Really. We do.

No comments:

Post a Comment