Tuesday, February 22, 2011

for the record.

I am only trying to help my daughter.

Our focus is on nothing less than helping our daughter grow into a responsible, intelligent, capable human being. To be able to live a full life. Have a job. Contribute to society. To share the love of God (Lord willing that she will grow to know Him and love Him). To laugh. To cry. To giggle with her sisters. To call us on the phone from college and ask for more money. To be everything that she was created to be.

Nothing more.

Nothing less.

And yet.....

Yesterday and today in a round about way, with much of confusion, we discovered that our insurance company (the Blues) decided to not pay for our Skype visits with Dr. MAL. To not pay for our ABA workshop. To request their money back for the payments they have already made for these appointments.

We have been getting countless letters from the Blues stating that they are paying for the visits. We (the parents) are not responsible for payment of the services rendered. So, we, the silly humans that we are, believed these written letters and thought we had made some kind of triumph in the world of insurance.

Apparently not.

Because, apparently, if you are an insurance company, you can demand to get your money back on things you already deemed covered and paid for.

Really, Blues, because I would love to get the last year of my life back. Can you manage that too?

Can you look my daughter in the eye, (assuming she can look you in the eye, she did have to learn that through ABA, after all) and tell her that you won't pay for her services? Can you look at her and tell her that she must live the rest of her life in her own little world without any regard to what is around her, because she was born that way? Can you tell her, that's too bad? "Sorry, kid, you got a bad hand. There is this treatment over here that has been proven to work but we don't cover that. Because we're in it for the money. And frankly, you're too expensive."

Because I can't.

I do not care what I have to do. My daughter will have a life.

If I have to live out of my car, in the dead of winter, just to give her a glimmer of the sun, I will.

Don't pay for her visits. That's fine.

She will prove all of your "doctors" wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! After the huge triumph, and now this! I don't see how they can go back on what they put in writing. It makes NO sense what-so-ever!

    ReplyDelete