Monday, September 13, 2010

humbling.

We had Maddy's EIBI workshop today and while I have loads to write about...I do not have the mental capacity to write anymore today.

I did want to quickly comment on how humbling it is to be in a room full of people devoted to helping your daughter. People who are freely VOLUNTEERING to work one on one with your child. To help her. To love her. To see her thrive. To help us help her. To help Maddy shine.

I don't know if any of you have ever been in that kind of situation. The kind of situation where you find yourself unable to truly do all that is asked of you so you must reach out for help. And to need people volunteering their time as there is no way you can pay all your medical bills, let alone pay people to do therapy for your child. To ask for help and then see it unfold.

It's very humbling. It makes me want to cry.

I have never felt so loved in my life. Ever.

To look around a room of 15 or so people and see them truly devoted to helping Maddy. Helping YOUR child...to see them smile when she smiles. To see them relish in the light that Maddy is. They know she is going to throw tantrums and be difficult. To sacrifice that time they have with their own families to help yours.

Time is a sacred thing. Everyone wants more of it.

Yet time is of the essence for Maddy. And to see these people gearing up for battle. Them vs. Autism. Bolding going into a land of unknown to bring your daughter back.....

it's speechless.

it's breathtaking.

it's love.

And when my daughter, my beautiful Madalynn, is recovered...I can never thank you enough. For giving me my daughter back.

May we take this love and let it grow. Let the world know what love looks like. It will take your breath away.

No comments:

Post a Comment