Tuesday, September 7, 2010

quick update

The gap in writing is not due to lack of content but more lack of time. Things are only going to get busier from this point on but I'm hoping to get into a routine and I can maneuver better.

My two oldest girls (by seven minutes...woo) started school today. It went pretty well. Maelle has some learning to do...but she is 2 in a 3 year old class so hopefully she will catch on and things will go okay. If not, we'll have to rearrange some child care but for now, it works. We have a bit of time before things truly start so we'll see.

Maddy is doing fairly well. We have started up her Speech and Occupational therapies...right now she goes once a week but by the end of the month she will be going twice. Early Intervention comes weekly. And Monday we have the workshop for EIBI which will start daily after that.

She is starting to put more words together and repeating a bunch. Even repeating actions. She is still rocking and groaning when she can fit it in...but thankfully she is lessening that and knows that I won't let her do it...so many times if she is doing it while watching a tv show, if I sit next to her then she won't rock. Not that I have all the time in the world to watch Word World or Sesame Street but at least she is stopping. Hopefully she will stop all together or at least I can create more distance from her so maybe if I'm in the room then she won't rock or she can see me then she'll stop...until maybe she will stop. I hope.

She went on a hike with Justin today while I was at the church getting her room ready and making sure the girls did okay at school. Justin said she had a really good time. He would ask her if she was okay and she would say "I fine" - very nice.

A couple of days ago she put her hands under the faucet and asked "wash hands?" I think this is the first time she has requested something...let alone with words.

We had our friends over tonight for supper and Maddy enjoyed all of it. It is nice to see that her bubbly outgoing self has not been affected. Eva and Maelle have always been such shy girls that it's great to see one that thrives on new people and new surroundings...so "non autism" - she truly is an amazing girl.

Consider this my short and sweet update. I'll write more soon. Off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment