Thursday, January 22, 2015

onward....no...wait.

Living where we live means waiting for things.

Sometimes this is a good thing and other times it is not.

There is only one pediatric neurologist that comes to our hospital (our is a loose reference since we have to drive 100 miles to "our" hospital). He drives up twice a month from the Mayo clinic in Rochester, MN to see his patients up here. The hospital put us on a wait list to see him February 5th but being 4th on the list means....it is highly unlikely that anyone will give up their spot.

They scheduled us for March 26.

I don't take waiting very lightly. And the idea of waiting 2 months to have an EEG to see if anything going on with Maddy can be helped in other ways than behavioral modification was not going to work with me. When you are trying to rule out the "unknowns" - waiting 2 months is not helpful.

We called back, called around and got moved to February 24th at the Mayo Clinic. Yes, that means driving 7+ hours for appointments that may only be minutes. This surprised the hospital schedulers...

That doesn't matter. I will drive how ever many hours that I need to in order to either get answers,  rule out or factor in other possibilities.

So we are scheduled to see the neurologist late February. Back to Dr. MAL in early February and we are still waiting on places to call us back about her speech and OT assessments...which doesn't impress me. I will call again tomorrow and if I don't get a response, we will go somewhere else.

Waiting doesn't sit well with me.

I have never been a patient person.

Daily struggles continue....and all I can do is carry on and TRUST that the Lord has this all under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment